MEDADVANTAGE NOT AS GOOD AS WE THOUGHT

Publicly Fund Health Care Now

I’ve been on Medicare for over ten years.  And it costs more than I thought it would. When I retired I got Medicare Advantage.  I thought I would need vision, hearing, and dental. The dental wasn’t good so I bought a dental plan also.

I paid about $70/month for the Med Advantage plan.  I am paying about $140 per month deducted from my Social Security check. It was $100/month when I started.  I thought the Insurance company received the $140 + $70 = $210 per month to cover me. I was still paying out of pocket anywhere from $3000 to $6000/ year depending on my health and pharmaceutical needs.

What I have found out since then is that all Med Advantage plans are capitated.  Which means they receive $$$$ depending on your medical diagnosis. They keep any $$$$ they don’t spend on the client as profit.  You can guess what that does.  Yep, it encourages the medical industry and insurance company to up-code your medical conditions greater than they really are. This is fraud and a rip-off of public dollars.

I think we should improve Medicare and while we are at it, take all healthcare out of the market place by publicly funding it. A universal publicly financed healthcare system would cover your choice of providers and every medical need including dental and vision.

To find out more www.hcao.org.  Health Care for All Oregon.

Lou Sinniger 

541-954-2356

Comments

Popular Posts