Medicare Not Good Enough

 

                                                Medicare Not Good Enough

When I retired, I thought that Medicare would cover my health care needs. Boy was I mistaken.  I’m old enough to remember when Medicare was passed into law and signed by Lynden B. Johnson in 1964. It was said then that this was the first step to of the plan to cover everybody.  What happened? Not much.

Getting back to my mistaken assumption, so Medicare takes $144 out of my social security check.  Then I pay a premium to a health insurance company.  Mine costs $69 per month. Add it up, it comes to $2656 a year without any health care need.  Now realize that Medicare does not cover teeth, eyes, ears and does not cover all the drugs you need. So it ends up that after paying deductibles, out of pockets and extra insurance for my glasses, and teeth and hearing needs, I pay thousands of dollars more on top of the above premium costs year after year.

It is time to take the profit out of health care.  I’m tired of these insurance companies gouging me every time I need health care. For a better way go to www.hcao.org. Sign up your support or maybe donate to the cause. We have a chance to get publicly funded health care for all in Oregon. So, when you need your teeth cleaned or your glasses corrected or just see a doctor it won’t cost you anymore.

What’s your story? What kind of things do you go through? Share it with us.  We learn from each other. 

Lou Sinniger

sinniger@efn.org

541-954-2356

Comments

Popular Posts